Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Our Free Newsletter

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Caribbean Poetry: Catharsis (When I Write...)


Caribbean Poetry: Catharsis

(When I Write...)
a free-style

©2010 K. Omodele


When I write, I:
seal long–time wounds in my soul
try stitch a heart that’s been torn
mend this conscience I've worn...

When I write, it's like:
slitting my wrists when I vent
scribbling blood with my pen 
        I'm awakening each sense…

When I bleed through my pen, it's like:
purging away old stabbing pains
watching them swirl down the drain
then lifting my face to more rain...

I word to di riddim of drums when I write!
I sound di Abeng from plantations when I’m right !
draw power from village and slums, passage rites!

I AM
Tom Feelings when I write/
Count Ossie when I write/
When blind, more sight/ when dark, more light/
my stain, my plight/my pain, my fight/

I create a unique, lyrical mural -
when I write...
I am right.

©2010 K. Omodele





2 comments:

  1. serious opening to the soul. Give thanks for this window of reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KayaOne More Love, More Light, More Fire, More Sight, mi Idren!

    ReplyDelete

Say What You Sayin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - Calypso

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - #Calypso by K. Omodele African traditions and customs are i...

Popular Posts