Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Our Free Newsletter

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Abeng Caribbean Poetry: My Church Street Yard (Ode For Ivah)

My Church Street Yard (Ode to Ivah ~ Ivor Edson Brown)
Copyright 2015 K. Omodele

A black-thorn rose in meh Church Street yarden.
Smiles bloom there once, then ruff winds hardened.
Wish time would roll back so
I'd mek my old yard know
It's the one place in the whole, wide world I go
when my days darken.
I got meh Church Street yard, now
fold-up in my heart, though
-ripped, torn and broken.

For my cousin- a man named Ivor.

In 'membrance of our final reasoning 'pon de phone,
gyaffin' clear 'cross de Pond:




"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the
darkness conscious."~ Carl Jung

Rest now, my blood.
One Love,
K. Omodele

Abeng Caribbean Poetry #caribbeanpoetry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What You Sayin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - Calypso

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - #Calypso by K. Omodele African traditions and customs are i...

Popular Posts