Monday, November 7, 2016
Abeng Recent Reads
What We Have Been Reading Lately
Kaie "Kaya" Omodele @TheAbeng
An advocate of self-education, Marcus Mosiah Garvey told an audience in St. Kitts, "Read! Read! Read! and never stop until you discover the knowledge of the Universe."
- Artful Journalism - Essays in the Craft and Magic of True Storytelling; Walt Harrington
- Just Mercy; Bryan Stevenson
- Journalism Next - A Practical Guide to Digital Reporting and Publishing; Mark Briggs
- "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration"; Ta-Nehisi Coates. The Atlantic, October 2015 Issue
- Rise of the Warrior Cop - The Militarization of America's Police Forces; Radley Balku
- Bienville's Dilemma - A Historical Geography of New Orleans; Richard Campanella *
* It's amazing how much Haiti and the Haitian Revolution affected New Orleans and Louisiana
Many Young African Americans Are Still Disconnected From Their African Roots By Joshua Chikudo August, 2017 &q...
Today, August the seventeenth, is a blessed day in my Journey. On this day a man was born in 1887 who would affect the way I perceive my S...
In Africa , oral tradition was the primary means of teaching a people's history and culture. Griots were adept storytellers, teacher...
Lemon-grass and Ginger Tea Sleepily, I waddled on wobbly knees to the kitchen. Grated piece of ginger, crushed up two lemon grass s...
"We must understand that we are still locked in struggle. And we are reaffirming our commitment to struggle, and we are saying ...
Bless up this Emancipation Day/ August Monday ! Someone special just mentioned to me that We need some new teachers, or to evolve into the ...