Monday, November 7, 2016
Abeng Recent Reads
What We Have Been Reading Lately
Kaie "Kaya" Omodele @TheAbeng
An advocate of self-education, Marcus Mosiah Garvey told an audience in St. Kitts, "Read! Read! Read! and never stop until you discover the knowledge of the Universe."
- Artful Journalism - Essays in the Craft and Magic of True Storytelling; Walt Harrington
- Just Mercy; Bryan Stevenson
- Journalism Next - A Practical Guide to Digital Reporting and Publishing; Mark Briggs
- "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration"; Ta-Nehisi Coates. The Atlantic, October 2015 Issue
- Rise of the Warrior Cop - The Militarization of America's Police Forces; Radley Balku
- Bienville's Dilemma - A Historical Geography of New Orleans; Richard Campanella *
* It's amazing how much Haiti and the Haitian Revolution affected New Orleans and Louisiana
Amandla! #allblackwithadoek Twitter Salutes Mama Winnie Madikizela Mandela zikhona @igqiyazana "Doing it for intomb' endala!...
Today, August the seventeenth, is a blessed day in my Journey. On this day a man was born in 1887 who would affect the way I perceive my S...
In Africa , oral tradition was the primary means of teaching a people's history and culture. Griots were adept storytellers, teacher...
Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (First Part) copyright 2011 K.Omodele West Africans didn’t rely primar...
Lemon-grass and Ginger Tea Sleepily, I waddled on wobbly knees to the kitchen. Grated piece of ginger, crushed up two lemon grass s...
Bless up this Emancipation Day/ August Monday ! Someone special just mentioned to me that We need some new teachers, or to evolve into the ...