Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Our Free Newsletter

Monday, October 7, 2019

Protoje Interviews With i Never Knew TV: Talks About Walter Rodney's and Marcus Garvey's Influence

Protoje Explains How Reasoning With Jah 9 About Marcus Garvey And Walter Rodney Helped Him Transition Towards A Greater Musical and Lyrical Consciousness


Protoje says that reading helped him become more socially aware. His lyrical content became more upful and positive once he began studying conscious leaders and writers like Garvey and Rodney.

The Interviewer asks: "What were some of the books that opened up your heavens?

Protoje answers: "The first book that changed everything for me was Groundings With My Brothers by Walter Rodney...
Jah 9 brought me to iNation and he had heard my music and he was like these is what I need to give you to read. And I think he gave me Groundings With My Brothers and he gave me a Marcus Garvey book..."





Words matter. Lyrical content matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What You Sayin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - Calypso

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - #Calypso by K. Omodele African traditions and customs are i...

Popular Posts