Saturday, December 13, 2014
Seven Nelson Mandela "Tata Madiba" Quotes We Love
When it comes to inspirational quotes, Tata Madiba was as thoughtful in choosing his words as he was careful in implementing his plans, knowing he was setting an example. Though laden with introspection, these quotes possess an undeniable universal appeal.
1. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the ability to triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
2. "Do not judge me by my successes. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
3. "It always feels impossible until it is done."
4. "Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."
5. "No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."
6. "Poverty, like apartheid, is not natural; it is man made."
7. "Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity; it is an act of justice."
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Nefertiti's White Egyptian-Cotton Sundress
copyright 2013 K.Omodele
Nefertiti never filled
a white, Egyptian-cotton sundress
with s'much breath-taking grace and copper-toned form.
In that Egyptian-cotton white dress
her smile couldna swelled her King's heart so, like the noon sun
have him clutching her hand, tight so, up Georgia Avenue.
If her King coulda seen what this King here knew-
that vibrant, white sundress on radiant you,
he woulda traded all Egypt
that Georgia Ave. noon...
Chicken Little: Haunted Blood (An Urban Story) Vol. 1; Part 2 copyright K. Omodele 2016 The minute Glass' gun popped out, I re...
Today, August the seventeenth, is a blessed day in my Journey. On this day a man was born in 1887 who would affect the way I perceive my S...
Lemon-grass and Ginger Tea Sleepily, I waddled on wobbly knees to the kitchen. Grated piece of ginger, crushed up two lemon grass s...