Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get Our Free Newsletter

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome to My Revolution...(self expression)



Greetings, from The Abeng and My Conscious Pen!
As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves. Mohandas Gandhi

A definition of Revolution is “a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving; a complete change in ideas, methods, etc.” Me? I danced to various selections over the years- I’ve been a soldier, then eventually a prisoner, mostly to my wants and desires. But I’ve come to realize that the one constant in life is……change.

Some people love buck violently 'gainst that. They’d much rather stick to the crevices and corners they know. I cyaan (can’t) run them down over that-they have their own drum and bass line to dance and windup to, fah real. Bredren, do your thing. But I’ve been cocooned in enough concrete and steel, now I want flutter throughout the world, dipping and lifting with the rhythm of the winds...the winds of change.

Big up Auntie Cee for the encouragement to express myself through my writing...
Kaya Omodele
Copyright K. Omodele 2009









Behind These Prison Walls...(Reflections)
by Jah Cure


7 comments:

  1. Kaya
    This is profound. Keep on writing
    Auntie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a rock star of the written word. I look forward to reading more of your work. Bless, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is deep....you really get a sense of the suffering endured; love the imagery.... but I'm already a fan.
    Nik.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me start by saying PRISON is different to every-man.
    I am a prisoner of my own insecurities me not knowing my self worth, not knowing when ive done enough or given enough to SELF. So you could say that I am a prisoner within my self, I pray everyday for my hevenly father to free me from my self, so I can Live, Laugh & Love. So my words to you no one is perfect and the mistakes you may have made years ago brought out the best in you, your a BRILLIANT writer and you need to continue doing what you do,,,,,THE WORLD NEEDS YOU. GOD BLESS YOU , Yanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing is beautiful Kaya. Hope you get every bit out of this perfect process of change you've embarked on.Roses

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Man who can inspire one to search deep within, measure their own self to what others experience, and thus influence personal change is a Prophet. At this time, I hear your voice through the poetic words and it makes me think deeply....

    ReplyDelete
  7. u r totatlly blessed with what u write u put ur atmost and i love it....continue to post more i'm looking foward.... LOVE- SARAH

    ReplyDelete

Say What You Sayin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Featured Post

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - Calypso

Spoken Word Griots: African Oral Tradition in Caribbean Music (Third Part) - #Calypso by K. Omodele African traditions and customs are i...

Popular Posts