Seven Nelson Mandela "Tata Madiba" Quotes We Love
When it comes to inspirational quotes, Tata Madiba was as thoughtful in choosing his words as he was careful in implementing his plans, knowing he was setting an example. Though laden with introspection, these quotes possess an undeniable universal appeal.
1. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the ability to triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
2. "Do not judge me by my successes. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
3. "It always feels impossible until it is done."
4. "Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."
5. "No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."
6. "Poverty, like apartheid, is not natural; it is man made."
7. "Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity; it is an act of justice."